Monday, March 2, 2009

magnetic mosaics

Legend & Examples of completed pictures...


Blank *canvas*...


Gage's completed firetruck...

Have you seen these magnetic mosaics from The Orb Factory? It's not something I run across in many stores so I forget about it a lot but when we get super bored (sounds like my theme this week) we always pull it out.

It's basically a paint by numbers activity...but with far less mess. My kind of game! First you choose your pre-planned picture from a master sheet. Then you apply magnets to a blank sheet with colors corresponding to numbers.

I believe this was gifted to Gage as a 4th birthday present and was a perfectly appropriate activity. Zuzu is still a little young. Actually, she's probably old enough and bright enough but she simply does not have the focus or desire. Being the free-spirit that she is however, she does like making random designs with the pink & purple magnets...but that's not really the point.

Oh, and by the way...
If you're trying to figure out how the blank canvas of the race car became a completed fire truck...quit while you're ahead.

1 comment:

Pat said...

That's a great activity to share - Fair assessment of Zu's interest and ability in this.... :-)
I love it!!!!!