Tuesday, March 10, 2009

the invisible boy & his master plan

Tonight we were getting ready for bed and Gage was whining incessantly about the new Lego toys that are on his wish list while I explain that toys cost money & mommy doesn't have money...yada, yada yada. You know the drill. He's quiet for a minute and then he busts out with this...

Gage: I wish I was invisible

(Mom pauses from making sisters bed & looks at him curiously thinking he's going to start getting all emotional on me)

Mom: Why do you want to be invisible, Gage?

Gage: Because then I could run into the toy store and scoop up all the toys I wanted and run out and no one would know. (contemplating further) I wish I were invisible everywhere except at home and then I could do anything I wanted.

(Mom pauses again to silently commend the creativity at hand but I don't dare show it. Instead I try desperately to refrain from laughing and say probably all too seriously...)

Mom: But you understand that would be stealing...right?

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Way to rain on his parade, mom!

Anonymous said...

hard to decide which area to visit on that one..... :-)