Friday, March 27, 2009

oops


It was a hectic afternoon today as we started preparing to leave for Gage's soccer practice. Zuzu was still in her pajamas from the nap she never managed to take so I asked her to head to her room and pick out some clothes while I cleaned up and got myself ready. She emerged wearing an old Dora t-shirt that was a gift from an old babysitter (I must make that clear so that you don't assume I actually condone it), and her favorite purple tiered skirt from mini boden. On her feet she wore red & purple heart socks that were sent by Grammy for Valentine's Day and will still fit her when she's six and a pair of pastel floral mary-jane style target brand sneakers. It was a winning outfit and I'm sorry we didn't get a shot of it before she traded out the shoes and socks for my sneakers.

Nevertheless, after I finished applauding her ability to create such a fabulous ensemble I reached under her skirt and found her butt naked. We went back and forth for a few minutes about which panties she should put on...ariel...snow white...and we couldn't seem to agree. At some point, I suppose I lost interest or got sidetracked because it wasn't until about 45 minutes later when she tripped and fell while running on the soccer field that I realized that she had never actually gone to retrieve any panties at all. She was still butt naked and now everyone at soccer knew it too. I'm sorry we didn't get a shot of that less than graceful fall either but, then again, I wouldn't be able to post it here anyway.

So, as we usher in a lovely, warm weather weekend, I suppose my thought for the day is...never leave home without your panties. You never know when you may end up face first in the dirt with your bum in the air.

No comments: