The kindergarten parents were invited to attend music class today. I had a conflict but when I saw the look of disappointment on Gage's face this morning I rushed home and made the call. Fortunately, I was able to rearrange my schedule and I'm so happy I did. He was thrilled to see me!
Gage is such a little performer and if you don't know him personally he's the one with the long hair and the short pants. Also the one at which the camera is generally directed. As we were uploading this video just now he told me that he was a little embarrassed that I was there watching (might have been my indiscreet toggling between the video camera & SLR)...but I don't think it shows.
This has been edited...but it is still long. Feel free to skim (unless you are a Parent or Grandparent, of course. You, my dears, must watch it all!)
Oh, and by the way. One small but quite valuable thing to note. Music & Art programs are not supported in our schools by the state of California. Instead, we have one of the poorest education systems in the nation. Sad, but true. A wonderful organization created by and funded by local parents & generous community members is the reason our children are able to sing & dance like this at school. And for that, we are thankful.
1 comment:
That is one terrific music teacher! The kids are really lucky to have her.
Thanks for the video. XO
Post a Comment