Yup, it's been five days since you've last heard from me. We had no school on Monday, Scott left for Zurich Tuesday (don't ask) and I came down with a horrible cold on Wednesday. I'm still wandering around in a foggy sinus haze but feeling much better than I did yesterday. I had every intention of telling you this story last night but, in an attempt to get Zuzu to sleep, I crawled in bed with her around 9:00 and I was out before she was! So here goes...a day late but still memorable...
Everyone knows that Zuzu prefers not to eat meals. Truly, she is one of the pickiest eaters I've ever encountered. She'd be happy subsisting on milk, apple juice, pretzels, popcorn & ice cream. And, oh yeah, for some reason she loves carrots. And, up until recently, I've just kind of let it go. Heck, my cousin ate nothing but white rice & frozen waffles for years and he turned out ok. But for some reason last night I got all powerful and demanded that Zuzu at least TRY one Arthur shaped pasta from a box of Annies' Mac & Cheese that Gage was devouring. It's mac & cheese for goodness sakes. It wasn't like I was forcing cauliflower on her. Anyway, with a "no treat" threat looming she scooped up ONE Arthur head and put it in her mouth. Mind you, she had just eaten half a hot dog and some carrots.
At first she looked at me uncertain but then I swear I heard her muffled voice say, "it's good, I like it!" Only seconds later she gagged. Once. Twice. And then she opened her mouth and let it rip. Hot dogs, carrots & poor little Arthur all over her plate, her dress & my now outstretched palm. I had NEVER seen this girl vomit in 2 and a half years. Until I *forced* her to eat mac & cheese that is. I am so screwed.
3 comments:
I love that you tell it so we laugh!!!!! Hmmmmm.....carrots are good!
I was going to have mac & cheese this evening.....might reconsider.
That's my girl!
Post a Comment