After the last swim of the day today Gage ran into the house naked and went straight for the guest bathroom (his favorite). I was perched just outside the door working on my computer when I heard, "uh, oh".
"Did you pee on the seat, Gage?"
"Um, yeah, and a little on the wall."
At this very moment, Zuzu ran into the house naked shouting, "I need to pee-pee in the potty, Mommy!" She headed in the opposite direction for the kid's bathroom (her favorite).
My plan of attack was to quickly assess Gage's mess and then attend to Zuzu (who could surely hold it for another minute) so I headed to the first bathroom to clean and offer a brief lecture on aim and focus.
Moving quickly to the second bathroom (which in our 1800 square foot home is really not very far) I encountered Zuzu exiting from behind a closed door and the sound of the toilet flushing. I peeked into the bathroom and saw the exceptionally heavy step stool placed in front of the sink rather than the toilet and the cushy baby seat tossed on the floor beside the toilet. Two good signs that she could not have actually accomplished much without my assistance. She's a petite 22ish pounds for goodness sake. Then I noticed that the toilet paper had been yanked down to the floor (and of course the toilet WAS flushing).
"Zuzu, did you really pee in the potty already?"
"Yes, I pee-pee'd in potty all by myself!"
"Can you show me how you did it?"
Just then, Zuzu bee-lined for the potty, pulled herself up on the big seat facing the back wall and somehow managed to spin herself around to face front while seated. She was perfectly positioned to go had she not just done so 2 minutes prior. I was blown away and couldn't help but to think, wait, who's potty training who here?
7 comments:
How cute is that?!!!! How old is Zuzu?
she's absolutely hysterical - I call her "funny girl" - she turned two end of july
she sounds adorable!
what a great story!
waiting for a post from you today! I am really gonna try to keep up with my blog!
Sorry. Little one didn't allow me much sleep the night prior so I actually went to bed at a decent hour last night. Creativity takes a back seat to sleep on occasion :)
I hear ya sister!
Post a Comment