It has been a tough two days at kindergarten drop off this week. The first two days were a breeze but this week the tides have shifted. Today, Gage was in tears reciting, "I want to go home" over and over again as we were waiting for the bell. He was the only kid in tears and I was the last mom to leave. My only way out was to promise that I would pick him up straight from class instead of the after-care program. One less hour for me but hey, I was desperate.
When I went to pick him up, a mere three hours later, he bounded out of the classroom with the same greeting as last week, "Mommy, I had a GREAT time!". I was thrilled (he was thrilled), annoyed (he would have had a great time at after care too you know) and confused (I feel like I need to get a psychology degree to keep up with the flux of emotions) all at the same time. Tomorrow is another day...
1 comment:
It will get better each day!!! Then you can start sneaking in a little after care here and there!
Post a Comment