Tuesday, December 9, 2008

admission of a facebook junkie

Do you facebook? Did you ever send or accept a facebook request to/from someone and then regret it later? Well if you answered yes to the first question then I imagine you answered yes to the second.

For the past few weeks I've really been getting annoyed by one of my facebook "friends". Their status updates were crude, rude and just plain ignorant. Every time I would open my page and see what they had posted it would make me crazy. There are enough relevant things in my life that make me crazy...I didn't need another one.

So, I'm proud to say that I did it. I un-friended someone today. Yup. Apparently they won't be informed. Unless, of course they look for me. Or, oh gasp, read my blog. Chances are slim.

If you are feeling the same way about a facebook "friend" I highly recommend the action. All you have to do is click the "x" next to their name. And poof. They're gone. Them and their stupid status updates.

8 comments:

JCB said...

Oh -- I'm dying to know who it was that you unfriended! I did this once recently during the elections when someone's politics were so opposite mine, I could hardly stand it. Actually, she sent an invite to join a certain group and it was just too much to bear (bare)? Either way, she'll never miss me, I'm sure.

kristi said...

I don't think you know my un-friend but fortunately they did vote the same way I did! At least we had that going for s. Politics on facebook can get ugly and I am definitely guilty of sharing my pov. But I'm right so it doesn't matter...right? or should I say, left? :)

So which is it...bear or bare? Bear. I think.

No baby yet??

kristi said...

for us.
it should say "going for us"

Susan said...

Maybe they'll take a hint?! wanna be your facebook friend. I'm not a stalker! And with your un-friending skills you could ditch me at any time!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1451990673
OH! "ruedyng" red, probably arial bold, in a sort of swirl!

kristi said...

I just sent you a friend request, susan. Join the zuzu girl page too...
www.facebook.com/pages/zuzu-girl-handmade/43085354512

Pat said...

Thanks for the tip! I used it ! :-)

kristi said...

woo-hoo...you go girl!
(watch, you get caught and I cause a whole big stink...)

Holly said...

bwahAHHHHHHAHHHH!!! Love it! And know just what you're talkin' about.

Unfortunately. ;)