Tonight, as Gage sat in time-out for smacking his sister with a necklace, we discussed how we were going to deal with his aggression. I calmly (good parenting tactic) made a couple threats that I thought might scare him and that I knew I could follow through with (yes, good too). He then proceeded to (also calmly) recite them back to me, adding his own spin to it. It sounded something like this...
"you can take away my weapons, you can take away my fighting videos...and you can take away my karate...but you can't stop the violence...you can only stop the the violence by turning me off...yeah, there's an on/off switch back there that you have to find."
It was flawless acting and he had a glazed over look in his eyes that I swear I have never seen before. I know this sounds completely insane, but for a brief moment it really did cross my mind that my child had become possessed and actually might have some kind of power switch hidden behind all that hair. But just how did I find the damn thing?
Once the visions passed I simply lost it. Cracked up hysterically right in his face. I'm assuming that's a parenting tactic that generally won't work in my favor and I should try not to repeat.
No comments:
Post a Comment