Zuzu has never been much of an eater, since breast milk that is. I've tried every angle but the girl just won't touch a vegetable. Apparently she got that gene from Dad. So last night I finally gave in and opened Jessica Seinfeld's cook book, Deceptively Delicious. I made the kids banana bread (and called it "cake")...with a 1/2 cup of steamed and pureed cauliflower in it. Cauliflower?
The bread actually tasted pretty good and they both ate a little, but I just can't keep wondering what has happened to us that we have to use trickery to get our kids to eat. There seems to be something inherintly wrong with the idea. Is it really so important for a 19 month old to get a full serving of cauliflower? She'll come around eventually like her brother did, right?
I do have to admit that I added a handful of chocolate chips to the recipe. Hey, I had to eat it too!
No comments:
Post a Comment