Here goes...blog #1 and the tale of how it all started.
During a mindless hour of Facebook cruising on Friday night (my most recently acquired addiction prior to this one of course) I ventured to a friend's profile page in search of a clue as to why she was kicking my butt at the never-ending movie quiz. On my last visit to her page, I wondered why she didn't have any pictures of her family posted...what did she know that I didn't? Tonight, I found THE link. Her blog. Appropriately named, "Everyone Is Doin' It". It was all coming together now.
Now, let me back up a step. Jill is not what I would have called a "friend" a month ago but in my newfound Facebook family she is most definitely a friend, and is labeled as such on my profile page to prove it. Jill and I haven't seen each other in 10 years and before that...10 years. We're old friends. Middle and High School. Funniest thing is, some of my best memories of Jill are sitting in her den about 25 years ago or more (omg!) writing computer programs to build our own computer games. If/then statements...multiple choice cause and effect programming. We thought we were so clever. (geeks!) Clearly, we had no idea where technology was headed and clearly I haven't done a respectable job keeping up.
So now I find myself in what is most definitely a unique moment. Two kids tucked safely in bed as I sit here...on my perch at the kitchen counter, eating my thin mint girl scout cookies, creating a blog. I read other people's blogs almost daily. Total strangers that help me find the perfect children's toy boxes or wall decals. Why can't I blog too? Because I'm shy and recluse? Nah! This hardly feels public. Like Jill says, "everyone is doin' it" and heck, I know at least five grandparents that might want to hear what I have to say.
1 comment:
Hurray and welcome to the blogosphere! I'm honored to be the first to comment.
Warmly, - Jill
Post a Comment