After a long day of multiple parks and a slip n' slide I started my usual meal time ritual by transfixing the children in front of the television. Tonight, however, they could not agree on a show so Zuzu ended up in the playroom with Dora Saves the Mermaids while Gage remained in the great room with me and High School Musical.
I went about preparing dinner. Zuzu poked her head out a few times to check in but both kids remained seemingly content with their shows. When I was done, I went into the playroom to turn off Dora and was blown away with what I found on the floor:
This may not look like much at first glance but wow, did it make me proud. Not only because Zuzu wasn't just transfixed in front of Dora for 30 minutes after all...and not only because she initiated and completed the project with absolute independence...and not only because she only left TWO pieces out of five boards...but also because those two pieces were NOT AVAILABLE in the box.
Our baby is growing up. How time flies...
No comments:
Post a Comment