Most everyone already knows that Zuzu doesn't eat. Not meals at least. She's the ultimate snacker and would subsist on popcorn, pretzels, yogurt & granola bars if we let her. And sadly, we often do. But tonight she pushed me past the edge.
I asked the kids what they wanted for dinner and proceeded to take orders and make both kids their dinners of choice. Zuzu wanted a hot dog. She was the only one that did so I was sure to ask, "if I make you a hot dog do you promise to eat it?" To which she nodded convincingly. Yeah, not so much. She would not touch her near perfect hot dog and had the nerve to then request a corn dog instead. (Notice we are not arguing over asparagus & cauliflower over here. These are HOT DOGS for goodness sakes.)
Anyway, I launch into a rant that I'm sure every mother has experienced and went something like this, "I am not a short order cook and this is not a restaurant. I made you what you asked for and if you are not happy with it you will not eat. I will not make anything else and there will be no juice, milk, dessert or snacks until you have eaten that HOT DOG!"
To which she replied, 'but this IS a restaurant."
1 comment:
I'm afraid to ask what happened next :-)
Post a Comment