Actually *Gage* got a fish. It wasn't something we'd been planning until a snake came along. See, Gage wanted to capture the snake from the backyard, put it in a box and keep it as a pet (which I've since learned is actually illegal...go figure). Anyway, I said...um, NO. And then something came out of my mouth that might have sounded like this, "We do not need another pet. We already have a dog. If you want a fish some day or something that would be fine." So now, a day later, we have a fish. A beta fish. His name is Jango Fish after Jango Fett in Star Wars. The conversation about Jango Fish tonight revolved mostly around whether or not he was still alive and how long he plans on living. Family of optimists. Sorry I can not provide a photo but Gage & Jango have gone to sleep.
Worth noting is that Zuzu did not want a fish. Zuzu wanted a cat. Gage literally sat her down in the grass and explained that since her father is allergic to cats she would have to choose between Daddy and the cat. After much deliberation she chose Daddy. She then decided that she wanted a horse. "A small horse that will sleep on the rug in (her) bedroom." It took about two hours but I talked her out of the horse as well. She now wants a frog. Ribbit.
2 comments:
My son Wacky Zacky got a beta fish too (for peeing on the potty for the first time)and named him goldfish! :)
I'm sure it was a tough decision for your daughter, but I'm sure Daddy is relieved he won and doesn't have to move out! :D
Tell Gage to say hi to Jango for Grandma. I wish him good health. I'm sure you didn't tell him your goldfish story!! :-)
Zuzu can get a cocoon and mother a butterfly. :-)
Post a Comment