Please tell me I'm not the only mother that takes notes when her child goes on a wild rant? I honestly had NO idea where this was going to end up but when he started with "my life is just not complete" I just started typing. Apologies for any typos. He talks fast and, truth be told, I really just don't feel like editing right now...
my life is just not complete
I mean, every day I feel that i don't need my life perfect ... but it's not complete
I don't need everything.
I just need everything I want
it just doestn't feel complete
maybe i just feel like I'm missing like two things in my life
me: what are those two things?
maybe just one
me: what is that one?
my life is just not complete without one thing
it's not really something in my life
well it's half something in my life and half something to relax in
it's not a toy
I won't be able to get it
some day I will feel my life is complete
I probably will never be able to get it
Well maybe some day
me: what is it?
i don't want to tell you
all i would do is give you hints and you would say no, you're probably not going to get it
me: is it a phone?
no, that's not important in my life
you kind of need a computer
do you need a computer?
you don't need it but it's good. it helps you with a lot of stuff
that was like... remember when i was deciding between 1 or 2?
a computer was #2
then I decided what's specific in my life that I am missing
what am i missing in my life?
i bet you don't understand
well if I didn't have a house that would be the #1 thing I'd be missing
if i didn't have a family that would be #1
i'm talking about nature and stuff that i'm missing
not like a phone
do I need a computer?
i'm just too embarassed to tell you what I'm tihnking of
i mean you can guess but...
me: you want a pet elephant?
mommy!
not something specific
me: you want love?
have you ever heard me run out of my room saying i want a pet elephant?
i already have love
me: i know you do
what do i need?
i mean it's not really something i need
i'll give you one hint
oh i can't tell you it will give it away
oh nuts
there is so much hints i could give you but it would give it away
and i don't know if you would say yes
me: try me
what? try you?
me: just tell me straight out. don't give me a hint.
I'll spell it out for you but you can't say it even if you know it
i might spell it wrong but I bet you'll get it
I'll just spell the first word
T.R.E.E
me: is there any place at daddy's house to put one?
he doesn't have any trees
I was going to say that there is a TV show that has one - you know on arthur - it's not in their back yard - it's in a place that's close to their houses
me: but that's a cartoon and we can't just build a treehouse in a park. we'd get in trouble by the police.
{minor intermission while he babbles and I neglect to type}
if we had a tree house it would change my life.
it would because when my friends came over instead of saying, let's go in your room and play legos,
they'd say c'mon gage lets go climb up your tree house.
that's like the only word I've thougth of somebody letting me hear but I've never heard it.
{now he starts looking out the dark window plotting where to put it. he wants to start by planting the tree...}
it wouldn't change my life at all, it's just something i always wanted
me: it's not something you always wanted, it's a new want
I know but it's a big want
it's not like I want a pencil or something
it's like I'd have two houses
well actually three houses
mommy's, daddy's and my treehouse
it would add one more whole box in my life
like if I had a treehouse {teary} when i made my heart at school I could have put the treehouse in it
see that's why it's something I'm missing.
{fake sniffle}
me: do you know what I think? I think you are the most special boy in the whole world
I don't need everything.
I just need everything I want
it just doestn't feel complete
maybe i just feel like I'm missing like two things in my life
me: what are those two things?
maybe just one
me: what is that one?
my life is just not complete without one thing
it's not really something in my life
well it's half something in my life and half something to relax in
it's not a toy
I won't be able to get it
some day I will feel my life is complete
I probably will never be able to get it
Well maybe some day
me: what is it?
i don't want to tell you
all i would do is give you hints and you would say no, you're probably not going to get it
me: is it a phone?
no, that's not important in my life
you kind of need a computer
do you need a computer?
you don't need it but it's good. it helps you with a lot of stuff
that was like... remember when i was deciding between 1 or 2?
a computer was #2
then I decided what's specific in my life that I am missing
what am i missing in my life?
i bet you don't understand
well if I didn't have a house that would be the #1 thing I'd be missing
if i didn't have a family that would be #1
i'm talking about nature and stuff that i'm missing
not like a phone
do I need a computer?
i'm just too embarassed to tell you what I'm tihnking of
i mean you can guess but...
me: you want a pet elephant?
mommy!
not something specific
me: you want love?
have you ever heard me run out of my room saying i want a pet elephant?
i already have love
me: i know you do
what do i need?
i mean it's not really something i need
i'll give you one hint
oh i can't tell you it will give it away
oh nuts
there is so much hints i could give you but it would give it away
and i don't know if you would say yes
me: try me
what? try you?
me: just tell me straight out. don't give me a hint.
I'll spell it out for you but you can't say it even if you know it
i might spell it wrong but I bet you'll get it
I'll just spell the first word
T.R.E.E
me: is there any place at daddy's house to put one?
he doesn't have any trees
I was going to say that there is a TV show that has one - you know on arthur - it's not in their back yard - it's in a place that's close to their houses
me: but that's a cartoon and we can't just build a treehouse in a park. we'd get in trouble by the police.
{minor intermission while he babbles and I neglect to type}
if we had a tree house it would change my life.
it would because when my friends came over instead of saying, let's go in your room and play legos,
they'd say c'mon gage lets go climb up your tree house.
that's like the only word I've thougth of somebody letting me hear but I've never heard it.
{now he starts looking out the dark window plotting where to put it. he wants to start by planting the tree...}
it wouldn't change my life at all, it's just something i always wanted
me: it's not something you always wanted, it's a new want
I know but it's a big want
it's not like I want a pencil or something
it's like I'd have two houses
well actually three houses
mommy's, daddy's and my treehouse
it would add one more whole box in my life
like if I had a treehouse {teary} when i made my heart at school I could have put the treehouse in it
see that's why it's something I'm missing.
{fake sniffle}
me: do you know what I think? I think you are the most special boy in the whole world
{ignoring me} it would just be so cool to wake up and come out here and see the whole yard, and the pool, and a treehouse
see, I've been seeing all of this in my brain
it's not funny to me
me: do you know what I'm typing?
something about my treehouse?
see, I've been seeing all of this in my brain
it's not funny to me
me: do you know what I'm typing?
something about my treehouse?
2 comments:
I think I love him.
Followed you here from twitter. AWESOME that you wrote all that down. You might be the only mother that takes notes during kid rants, but I think that would be a shame.
This is a fantastic piece for him to look back on. Probably from the treehouse he builds HIS kids.
Post a Comment