Wednesday, June 9, 2010

urgent - missing south florida woman

So I know this is generally a happy place, and I also know that I don't get all that many hits here, but I feel compelled to write this post tonight.

I met Lynda Meier in 1987 in Oxford, England.  I lost touch with her many, many years ago but facebook reconnected us just a few weeks ago.  I learned today via facebook that she went missing on Friday, last seen driving out of her Hallandale Beach apartment in her red 2007 Cadillac Escalade. A day later, two women were photographed by a security camera using Meier's credit card at a Wal-Mart in unincorporated Miami Dade County near Miami Lakes.  No one has heard from her since Thursday night.  She is a single, 40 year old woman.

I'm not sure what I hope to accomplish here, and I honestly don't know much about Lynda's current life.  I just know that if I went missing I would hope that everyone I had touched in my life did SOMETHING to help find me.  Anything.

This is the most recent sun sentinel article about her disappearance.  Please share it in any way you feel comfortable.  Thanks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow.

That's a good thing you're doing right there.

Susan said...

Wow Kristi-this is just awful-I do believe you re-connected so recently for a reason, maybe so you could spread the word? So glad you posted, I'll read the article.

Pat said...

You did just the right thing....God bless her...