I did not take my kids to a 9am flu shot appointment today and distract them with a baggie full of candy during the administration of the shots even after our pediatrician told Zuzu that she doesn't give out lollipops because they have "sugar bugs". Nope, not me. (Whatever. It worked.)
I have not recently switched from a grande latte to a venti latte every morning and I'm definitely not feeling the least bit guilty about it.
When asked this morning by Gage, "How come no one gives Santa presents?" I did not boldly compare myself to the jolly icon by responding, "Well, Santa is a lot like Mommy. We don't need presents. It makes us happy when you are happy."
And right now...I am definitely not sitting in the middle of my bed, in the pitch dark, with no intention of going to sleep (and no internet connection to actually post this yet) just to fool Zuzu into thinking that I am. Nope. I would never lie to my children. (Whatever. This seems to have worked too.)
What did you NOT do today?
3 comments:
whatever works right? My poor little blog is neglected. Maybe tomorrow! Did you see those bookshelves?
Mine is neglected too. Trying to catch up with everything it seems. Saw the bookshelves. Clever idea!
I saw a photo of them in a really cute room, but fear they may just look like gutters on a wall. They are cheap, I suppose I could try it!
Post a Comment