Gage and I were alone in the car today when he began reciting what turned into a family tree. It went something like this...
"Grandma & Grandpa are your Mommy and Daddy and Grammy & Poppy are Daddy's Mommy and Daddy..." and then he trailed off and stopped, knowing he was missing someone. Hmmm. Seems we've never actually explained to Gage why he has FIVE Grandparents.
So I went on to explain that when Daddy was a little boy, Grammy and Grandpa Howard decided that they just wanted to be friends and that they were not going to be married anymore.
To which Gage responds, "and then Grammy married Poppy." Bingo.
I go on to embellish (oye, why do I do this?) and I explain that technically Poppy is Daddy's "step-father" although he loves both Grandpa Howard and Poppy both very, very much.
The response I get from this one?
"But I thought step-parents were MEAN!"
Damn that Cinderella.
5 comments:
damn Disney in general-when anyone GETS a mommy. its often in the form of a mean step mom!!!
lol - so true
Or the mom is just missing for some reason! Oh, Disney.
Hahaha, that's the funniest thing I've heard all day...love the things that come out of the kiddoes mouths, hehe!
That's classic!!!! How do you save certain blog entries for the kids to have later on????
Post a Comment