Figured it was as good a time as any to share a photo of myself on this thoughtful day. (Just don't count on it becoming a regular occurrence.)
Yesterday I had the honor of sharing "friendship soup" with my 5 year old and his kindergarten classmates. Each child contributed one assigned ingredient which they helped to clean and chop...and which was then sent home with a gracious mom to be cleaned and chopped some more for good measure.
I helped the kids make their own "turkey hats" that they all donned for the occasion over their protective head gear due to the school's recent lice infestation. The irony. We made hats...to wear over our hats.
But all in all it was a lovely afternoon and I am quite thankful that Gage is thriving within this incredible elementary school community. A few months ago we were worried, him being on the young side, but worry no more. He's found a new home. The head lice, however, we could do without.
What are you thankful for today?
3 comments:
At this moment, I am thankful that it is too dry for lice to live here. So I've been told, and I choose to believe it. Cute photo of you and the little guy.
"mopsi" in royal blue times new roman word verification on the menu this evening!!!!!
you are too funny - I love the word verification updates!!
CUTE! I hope you had a very Happy Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment