While vacationing in Florida, we caught the end of High School Musical one evening. Now for some reason, Gage tends to equate the relationship of Troy and Gabrielle, the teenage leads, to his relationship with his "bestist girlfriend", Sofia. When the movie ended he broke down in tears crying about how much he missed her since we'd been on vacation.
Hello technology. I simply opened up the laptop and told him we'd send her a note. (And while Gage is quite handy on the computer he did want to know where we were going to put the stamp!) I asked him to dictate a note to Sofia and I would type. This is what we sent:
Dear Sofia,
I really love you. I'm on a trip but I'll see you soon and I'll have a play date with you and I might give you a big hug when I come back and I'll say I miss you really much but now I think I won't go on a trip a lot when I get back.
From Gage and Love Gage.
The following day we got mail...
I really like you. I miss you so much at preschool. What is Florida like? What do you want to do on the playdate? I'm going to give you a big hug when you come to preschool. What are you doing these days? I love you. That's it.
Sofia
Oh, what we have to look forward to when they hit FIVE!
1 comment:
That's just about the sweetest thing ever. I love how they don't even consider holding back words and emotions at this age.
Post a Comment