Wednesday, July 23, 2008

fair is fair


We had some friends over for take-out pizza last night. To me, pizza night is just that, pizza night. But my dear friend was insisting that her kids eat some chicken before they get any pizza. So, picture my two lovelies devouring their cheese pizza while Gage's friend throws a fit because he can't have any yet.

I stay quiet. This is not my battle. I don't have chicken for my kids nor do I find it necessary to feed them any. If she is passionate about this she will work it out.

Next thing I know, amongst the screaming, Gage is calling sweetly for my friend. "Stephanie", he says, "can I please have some chicken?...because I just want it to be fair for Zach." Tears. Mine, not Zach's (now he has to eat his chicken).

Thanks to Gage, we all enjoyed a lovely meal. Well, almost, Steph forgot to order mine...but that's irrelevant here...

No comments: