Sunday, July 6, 2008

om

I am proud to announce that I finally got off my butt (not that I literally spend an awful lot of time on it but it hasn't been doing much yoga lately that's for sure) and delivered it to Yoga of Sausalito this morning. It was like discovering an old friend again and finding the perfect new pair of shoes...all wrapped up in one neat little package.

Eric Monkhouse (and while he simply has no idea) is soon to be my new best friend. He's a lively Brit who immediately put us at ease with his sense of humor and vibrantly painted toe-nails. Eric is a DJ by night so the vibe in the room was positive and up-beat...not your typical yoga tunes. At one point he had is in a ridiculous standing twist while he cranked the song "FIRE" by the Ohio Players. With clever timing & great motivation he was able to amp us up and then seamlessly wind us down. We got a great work-out, had a few laughs, celebrated the art of yoga and allowed a little time for introspection.

I think I'm hooked...again.
Namaste.

1 comment:

Pat said...

So proud of you honey!!! You will thrive on the yoga!