Friday, February 4, 2011

another week. another week.

Clearly not a terrible amount to share this week.

The kids recovered from last week's sickness and remained healthy for the duration. I simply didn't take the time to write any blog posts.

Gage asked repeatedly, "I know I can't say it... but what exactly does 'the f-word' mean"? We quickly (and probably for the first time ever) dismissed his thirst for knowledge.

Zuzu bit Gage and left a scar. After calming down a bit Gage explained that he would really like to give her the middle finger. (Because he knows it's basically the same thing as saying 'the f-word'... whatever that means). But he didn't. 

I (just this very moment) looked down and realized that I've been wearing the same "friend" necklace for the last 36 hours straight and it's on backwards. So you can't actually read the word.  Did none of those "friends" notice this? Or did they just not want to make me feel as incredibly stupid as I do now? Ironic... no?

I forfeit a night out with friends to stay home and relax and then proceeded to break the TV. Either that or some random God thinks I should only watch channel 3.  In HD.  With the blue bar across the bottom of the screen.  Which I won't do.  So I'm subjecting you to this rambling, pointless blog post instead.

Oh, and Gage's second grade class had a super bowl party today. I photographed "the game". I took over 300 photos and actually captured a few pretty awesome action shots (if I do say so myself).  But I think this one has to be my favorite.  It was taken before the game actually started.  That is Gage in the foreground and the opposing team in the back.  The rest of his team is still making their way on the field, tying on their flags, shooting the shit. But not our boy.
He's ready to go to battle.  
With teeth marks on his arm. 
And a middle finger pressed firmly into the dirt.