Gage has a project to do this week called "The Day I Arrived".
It's presumably a lesson in synthesis. We tell the story multiple times and they re-write what they remember. So tonight, I told the story for the first time. I'll only subject you to the pertinent details.
You were due on Monday. I took the week prior off of work and spent the entire time getting the house ready for you. On Friday I painted the baseboards in your room. By that evening everything was ready. I had the weekend to relax. But then I woke up at midnight and the bed was soaking wet. Kind of like I peed in the bed.
See the baby is protected by a shield of water inside the mommy's tummy.
"Kind of like Ponyo?"
Yes, exactly like Ponyo.
The water protects the baby from infection and when the plug breaks it means the baby is getting ready to come out.
"So your body just knows to make a water plug?"
Yes, your body knows exactly what to do to protect the baby.
"WAIT. So you were MARRIED?"
Yes, we were married.
"So you and Daddy got married, got a house, kissed, and your body just knew to make a water plug? But I don't understand how that works. You just get married and kiss and your body knows when to have a baby. Do you have to be married? Can you have a baby if you're not married?"
Oh shit. Where is this going? The room is starting to spin...
Yes, you can have a baby without being married but it is best to be married first.
"So, how does that work? How does the baby get in the mommy's tummy from a kiss?"
Well, there's a little more to it than that.
Big, anxious eyes wait.
Um, well, you see, um.
My mind is racing.
Yes to the kiss? Sperm & Egg? Stork? Plead the fifth?
"That's ok Mom, I don't need to know that right now. Just go on with the story please."
That's my boy.
oh, and by the way, he wasn't actually born until 8:21am Sunday morning.
via c-section. after three hours of pushing.
longest. weekend. of my life.
1 comment:
wait til gage explains where babies come from to zuzu.
Post a Comment