Wednesday, February 16, 2011

six on the beach

katy perry: sex on the beach...

gage: what's six?

mom: nods head no

gage: but what is it?

mom: I don't feel you are ready to know that

gage: but zuzu's running around singing it. if it's a bad word she shouldn't be doing that, right?

valid point.

can I tell him it's the same thing as the "f-word"

hmm, probably not.


yeah, negative on that idea too.

mom: it's a special love between a man and a woman. 

blank stare and a slow turn on the heels.

Either I'm getting very good at giving appropriately vague and boring answers or he's just really scared to know the truth.

I'm thinking it's a combination of the two.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I had to explain prostitution the other day! I waited until after we had dropped Greta off - 9 ok, 6 no way!

Pat said...

That was a beautiful answer....he might be processing that with stories he's heard from the kids at school and saying (OMG - that's really true!)