Monday, February 7, 2011

the shop

Tonight at dinner Gage announced out of the blue, "No one has been to my shop in a while."  Of course the first thing I thought was, "Yeah, well, there hasn't been much action in mine either lately", but I kept that to myself. 

I knew what he was talking about.  The "shop" was opened about 6 months ago, when Grandma was visiting I presume since she wrote the heading on his shop's "sign" (which is actually a 2.5 inch post it note scotch taped to his bedroom door).

It reads:

The Creator
1$ Bakugan
50 cent Post-It
10 cent Bakugan Cards
and 50 cent
10$ Legos

(disclaimer: this is not exactly how it reads as I can't find the symbol for cents on the computer or in blogger.  if anyone knows how to rectify this "problem" please clue me in)

Needless to say he went and re-wrote the sign and I just got to preview it before it went up. The sign is now orange and almost identical to the last however the Lego pricing strategy has changed.  Apparently before the figurines were $.50 and the sets were $10.  

Now... you can customize your own assortment for $4 or you can get one figurine for $1.50. I'm interested to see if sales pick up.  

I'm also wondering if it would be fair of me to ask for a cut of his profits.  Since I did originally pay for most of the things he is selling  But I'm thinking that wouldn't go over very well since I am one of his only best customers.  

And he says he's not a business man...

No comments: