Wednesday, June 17, 2009

wordful wednesday. storm free.


Well, actually not that wordful 'cause I'm beyond exhausted tonight.

If you have been keeping up you are well aware that, as of today, Gage has officially completed kindergarten. Coincidentally, Zuzu officially completed her first hour long tap, ballet, gymnastics combo class with me looking in from BEHIND the glass. Double whammy, right? Yes... and no. Of course I bawled like a sappy soap star behind my shades when I picked up Gage at the sweetly segregated kindergarten area but I felt something else too. Liberation.

See my timing was actually quite perfect. An hour earlier, as I sat at The Little Gym, looking through the glass, I saw the flip side. I did, I did. (Sorry, we've been watching a lot of looney tunes) All it took was one peanut butter covered toddler and one annoyingly negligent mom for me to think....I'm done with that (now scoot you dirty little rugrat). I get to sit here, on my iphone, reading my US Weekly with my feet up on chair for ONE hour and YOU are NOT my problem. Go to your mother now. And have her wipe your face while you are there. My kids can walk and talk and wipe (almost) and, while I clearly understand that my job is not over, I felt...accomplished.

So Zuzu finished her class, we picked up Gage, ate some free ice cream, ravaged Toys R Us and hit the beach. Where, thanks to some good playmates and the independence of our rapidly growing children, I barely had to move.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Oh my darling Kristi you must publish. You must, you must!!!! I feel every feeling you have because you describe it SOOOOOO well!!!!!!!!!!!!!