Wednesday, June 10, 2009

wordful wednesday

Hello Readers. It's been a week since my last confession.

I didn't realized I'd been so negligent until 4 days into my silence when I received an email from a grandparent that went like this, "Hi honey, Just checking in to see how you are. No posts on your blog and no pix so wondered what the weekend brought." It was at that point that I realized that you need me...you really, really need me. Or at least my mother does.

So, I've reappeared with absolutely nothing witty to say but simply to catch up on events for the sanity of five curious grandparents...

We are one week off from Gage's last day of Kindergarten. This is exciting & terrifying at the same time on several levels. It's almost impossible to grasp that my boy will be entering first grade. First grade? That's for big boys. What? Who? Compounding this anxiety, I'm trying very hard not to grasp the fact that my boy will have NO SCHOOL for two and a half months. Two and a half MONTHS? You think I've slacked off this month. Hah. Just you wait until July!

On the flip side, I think I've done a stellar job planning an eventful summer. Three weeks of camp, a trip to San Diego with Grandma and Grandpa & a birthday fit for even the most discriminating little princess. And that's just the first six weeks. If anyone has any ideas for the month of August I'm listening...

In preparation for the lazy days of summer we've become playground groupies. It was completely shocking to me to watch Gage & Zuzu sit and play, side by side, in a sand box for over an hour this weekend. I truly did not think I would ever see that again but I most certainly did. And Zuzu returned to the sandbox for the next two days straight. Thrilled to be there and creating a new adventure each time. Here I sit thinking they are growing up too fast but then I realize how innocent they still are. Refreshing.

And speaking of growing up too fast. Last night I forgot to put a pull-up on Zuzu. It hit me when I crawled into bed with her at the dreadful time of 5:45 this morning. And not because the bed was wet, but because the bed was dry, and her tushie was completely bare. I wasn't sure she had any concept of what she had just achieved although when I kissed her and told her how proud I was she did respond quickly with, "can I go get a Barbie Island Princess costume now?" Kid is rewarding herself for mom's forgetfulness and her sheer luck.

Speaking of rewards. I think it's safe to say that we have officially turned the corner away from our Lego obsession. This is not to say that we will abandon them all together (not after all that time and money we all invested) but they no longer consume our every moment. We are now consumed by THESE. Not necessarily what I would have picked but I'm definitely jealous of the schmuck that created them. Home Run.

And now I feel like I'm writing a Christmas Card. Not that I ever have. But it might sound something like this if I did. So I'll hit publish now...

2 comments:

rjb said...

You made my day...I have missed you :)

Pat said...

Oh yes, we do need you. What a wonderful missive.
Thanks for sharing these magic moments with Gage and Zuzu. Even vicariously it's touching. XXXOOO