Need I say more? Probably not. But I will.
I went to pick Gage up from his fourth & final day at baseball camp today. I got there a tad early in an effort to catch some action on video (available to you below). After the game the group gathered by home plate for a farewell speech. Gage was still in the dugout with one of the coaches trying to get his gear together so I ran over to help. I sent the two of them out to the field while I packed everything up (cause that's what I do). As they left the coach said to me briskly in passing, "Gage got the Mr. Hustle award today". Cool, I thought. He's definitely a hustler. Then, in the car I started asking some questions....
So what other awards did they give?
This was responded to with a blank stare and a change of subject.
No really, Gage...what other awards did they give? Was there a Mr. Hitter & a Mr. Catcher?
And this was the response I got....
No, Mom. Just a Mr. Hustle. There were two Mr. Hustle awards. Just me and Jason #1. (Why they don't use last names is beyond me cause I wouldn't really want to be Jason #2) Mr. Hustle is for hitting and catching and running and everything else. There were only two balls. I got one and Jason #1 got one.
He was so humble. He had no idea what an honor had been bestowed upon him. And I really tried hard not to ruin that. But damn if I'm not going to announce my pride to the whole damn internet.
(Oh, and if anyone has any clue who signed the ball please let us know cause Gage and I have not a clue.)
Here's his last play of the week...
1 comment:
Wow!! Again.
I'm so proud of him and I know you are.
Wow!! Again. XXOO
Give him hugs for me. Just for being Gage.
Post a Comment