Wednesday, February 18, 2009

om



After a decade here, we've really made it quite easy for our friends & family back East to make all the classic California jokes apply to us. Yes, we're liberals. Yes, we believe in global warming and act a tad neurotic about it. Yes, we subscribe to homeopathy, yoga, natural healing & organics. Yes, our kids have funny names. And, apparently, yes, our kindergarten son meditates with his friends during an afternoon trip to the ice cream parlor.

This moment was enacted entirely by the boys and with no adult participation whatsoever. And while Gage's posture and hand gesture is laugh out loud perfection I am fairly certain that the idea to meditate was not his own.

Sadly, Zuzu and I were in the restroom when it occurred. Luckily, the other parent was swift enough to catch it on his iphone. I don't imagine it lasted too long.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wait...did you trade in the beast for a hybrid???

kristi said...

sadly, the beast was laid to rest in september. drove her to the ground.