Sunday, February 22, 2009

hot, not & huh?

Please note that these are strictly my opinions and you do not have to agree. But you should also note that I am right. All images were stolen from various internet locations as I was most definitely not a guest at the Oscars tonight.

HOT!
Jen & John. I loved Jen's sweet, understated braid & her simple cream frock. It was innocent and elegant and suited her perfectly.


Alicia Keys. Always a knockout, Alicia rocked this flowing rose gown with perfectly styled hair & accessories. Elegant & easy. Loved it.


Sarah Jessica Parker in Dior Couture. I'm sure this will get shot down for looking too formal but this is Sarah Jessica we are talking about...and this is fashion. I adore her princess gown. If you can't wear it to the Oscars where can you wear it?


Natalie Portman. This one needs no explanation. Always refined & polished, Natalie is just plain hot.


Heidi Klum in Roland Mouret. Loved Heidi's hair and flashy red dress. Might have been a little too flashy for this year's *toned down* Oscars, but if anyone can pull it off...Heidi can.


Mickey Rourke in Jean Paul Gaultier. Yes, I put this under hot. Please note who this is and what he normally looks like. I think he was actually quite stylin' tonight.


Robert Downey Jr. Damn he cleans up well.


John Legend. Love everything about this dapper ensemble. Bravo.


NOT!
Whoopi Goldberg. Um, ok. It's not only inappropriate but where exactly were her hands?


Amy Adams. Chest up I thought Amy looked lovely. Her hair, makeup, and even that honker of a necklace were quite stunning. But the bodice on the dress just killed it for me.


Tilda Swinton. I get the knot on the top. But talk about matchy-matchy. I'm not sure the knot on the pants was quite necessary. And the color? Probably not the best for someone who hasn't seen the sun since last year's Oscars.


Miley Cyrus in Zuhair Murad. How old is this girl? Yes, young enough to make big fashion mistakes but also far too young to wear such a bold gown. Dress your age, young lady.


Zach & Vanessa. Bad. Both of them are sporting unflattering hair styles and her dress looks like it might fly away. Tone it down Gabriella. Tone it down.


Marisa Tomei in Versace. I'm not sure I've ever seen someone so uncomfortable in their dress. She was trying way too hard. Where's the fun in that?


Bridget Fonda. She is a notoriously poor dresser but really, what WAS she thinking? Then again...who really cares?


HUH?
Meryl Streep. I love this woman. She is bright and fun and crazy smart. So, what happened when she got dressed today?


Beyonce Knowles. I get it. You're a fashionista and you have a voluptuous bod but...Huh?


Angelina Jolie. Just because you're beautiful and you want to make a statement does not mean you don't have to put any effort into getting dressed for the Oscars. This reminds me of the year Sharon Stone wore a GAP turtle neck.


Kate Winslet in Yves St. Laurent. Kate is lovely but far too overdone. It's no wonder she was the last one to arrive. Between all that's going on with the dress and all the product in her hair it must have taken her days to get ready.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Watched it and agreed completely!!! That's a first! :-)
XO