Monday, April 28, 2008

lego mechanic for hire

Last night while driving up highway 101 to dinner, Gage inquired about bus drivers, who are they and why someone would want to be a bus driver. Grandma Pat was there and she began to tell Gage how important bus drivers are because they make people happy, which she followed up with a personal experience to prove her point. She then explained to Gage that bus drivers have to take special classes and get special licenses to do their job.

This led to a frequent conversation that we have about high school, college, picking a trade and becoming an expert, getting a job & going to work. Gage has an insane preoccupation with growing up. I'm assuming this is normal for a 4 1/2 year old?!

This conversation really lasted no longer than 3 minutes but then got into how and when Daddy picked his job and how and when Mommy picked hers. Of course, Mommy no longer has a job which is still a novel concept so I joked, "I'm still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up." (Actually not so much a joke).

To which Gage replied something like this, "but Mommy, you already have a job. You are the best lego builder ever. You should go around to all the kids houses that get legos and help build them." I cried. Dammit, I am appreciated!

So if you've got a problem with your legos...apparently I'm an expert.

No comments: