Saturday, April 19, 2008

Gage got a Bionicle for Passover

The evening started quite well considering there were eight young children joining us at Seder. They drank some wine, ate some matzoh and surprisingly enough, were quite participatory.
See exhibit A.



Somehow we managed to make it through the Haggadah with very little distraction and the children then settled, kicking and screaming, in front of the television.
See exhibit B.



Did I once stop to think...is this going too smoothly? Nope. Maybe I should have. Therein lies exhibit C.



No, our friends do not have a funny medical room at their lovely home. This shot was taken at Marin General Hospital after Gage got bored with the movie, climbed on a chair, fell and drove one of his front teeth directly through his chin.

Fortunately, Scott and I had consumed the obligatory four glasses of wine (I jest...sort of) and both remained quite calm. And fortunately, the doctor seemed to think that stitching it up could cause more harm than good in terms of preventing infection so we got out of there (90 minutes later) with a prescription for penicillin and one relieved kid.

Might I add that our day tomorrow will entail following through with all of the promises that we made tonight under duress. Which is the sheer irony of the whole event because Passover is probably one of the only holidays that we have avoided giving gifts (the $.25 for the afikoman doesn't count). Leave it to Gage to find a way.

No comments: