I thought it was a nice idea to take the kids bowling after school today. Gage was in his own little world bowling set after set. Zuzu was having a blast too (in her own weird way). She would sit quietly coloring for a bit... then get up and run a lap around the computer... then go right back to coloring.
Grandma and I were actually enjoying ourselves too. I had one strike and several impressive looking 9's on the screen. Until. Until I walked up to the line with the ball, swung my arm aggressively with my eight pound ball, nailed Zuzu who had unsuspectingly run up behind me, and knocked her to the ground. She was hysterical. It was a dramatic few minutes while we tried to assess the damage.
We tried everything, even chocolate ice cream but nothing would console her. All she wanted to do was "go night-night mommy". This was not good. So we called for help...literally.
Sirens roaring, a fire truck and ambulance were at the bowling alley within minutes. Of course, when they arrived, Zuzu was in my arms scarfing down the now melting all over me chocolate ice cream. She was on the mend. We put down the ice-cream and the medics gave her a quick once-over anyway. They then let the little monkey and her star-struck older brother explore the ambulance.
Fortunately, I had my camera with me as the kids lounged in the ambulance. Unfortunately, I was far too embarrassed to actually set up a good shot.
Gage throws a spare:
Zuzu keeps score:
Checking out the buttons in the ambulance:
Following the ambulance out - fortunately none of us were in it:
I asked Zuzu if she wanted to go bowling again and she confidently told me no but Gage is hooked so we'll definitely be going back. There is no doubt in my mind that when we return Gage will reiterate a version of what he told me several times on the way home. It will go something like this, "Mommy, do you remember when we came here and you hit Zuzu in the head with a bowling ball?"
No comments:
Post a Comment