Wednesday, February 3, 2010

the big 4-0

I was born in 1970.  As were many of my dear friends.  Which means, if you do the simple math, this is a BIG year.  Fortunately I have a few more months under my belt but the celebrating has certainly begun.  Last night as we lay down to sleep I described, as I always do, what the events for the following day would be.  Zuzu had swimming & gymnastics.  Gage would go to school and football.  And I was joining a group of twelve lovely ladies for a surprise 40th birthday lunch.  To this Gage responded....

"Lunch?  You're going to a boring lunch for her birthday?  You are supposed to go crazy, pour beer on each other and get in a fight!"

So now what I need to know from you is not where in the world did he get this from but...who the hell described my 21st birthday party to a six year old?  Oh wait, there was no fight that night.   Well then.  Where in the world did he get this from?

1 comment:

Sam said...

I don't know what I'm going to do for my 40th birthday this year. My brother-in-law turns 50 the week before.

I've told my wife, though, that I will not plan any of it. I've planned enough of my birthdays and big events through the years. I abdicate the planning on this one. I don't care what we do, but I'm not planning.

I just set myself up for burgers at home, didn't I? ;)

-Sam
@SamTheButcher