Here we go, time to turn on the excuses and stop everyone from wondering where the heck I've been lately. But I bet I can impress you just a little bit tonight. Well, maybe. Settle in. I've got a lot of catching up to do.
I suppose it all began with the arrival of the first grandparent. Then there were the annual school fundraiser and a first grade field trip. Two days apart and both in need of parental volunteers. Good times.
Here's Gage running his little heart out for his school. (I could begin to explain how grossly underfunded California schools are and how fortunate we are that the parents in our public school system are able to fund the music, art & dance programs, pay for the teacher aides, computers and possibly even the toilet paper. But I'll save that for another night when I need some material.)
The next two grandparents arrived in town just in time for the final soccer match of the season. (If you've done the math correctly you'll now see that we are up to three grandparents. Impressed yet?) There was lots of celebrating, far too many chest bumps, a few hundred photographs taken and of course...a little soccer...
Then, we rolled right into birthday number six. Yup. Our baby boy turned six. I'm still in denial. For managing to muddle through the terrible year that was #5, he was awarded a full weekend of presents, parties and yes, more soccer.
First up? The new bike...
Now enter grandparent number four. Yes, we are now fully stocked. (Please understand as you four lovely relatives read this that I write this completely in jest and only to substantiate my underlying argument that I have been far too busy to blog for two weeks.)
As I was saying.
Presents...
Parties, and more soccer...
Oh yeah. There were water guns too. Big water guns...
Of course, as it always seems to be, all of this happened before Gage's actual birth day. So then there was the obligatory family restaurant meal. (Yes, that's me. Those sneaky grandparents occasionally get me in a shot or two.)
Exhausted yet? No time. No time at all. Halloween is right on our tails!
Remember the post I wrote back here about Gage's GI Joe and Zuzu's Little Red Riding Hood Costumes? Yeah, well I do. Now tell me if you see either of those beloved costumes here. Humph. Not so much.
What? You're having trouble figuring out Zuzu's costumes? No. Let me assist you. She was a ladybug at her school, (No choice there, they were all ladybugs. Even the boys.) she was a Florida Gator cheerleader at Gage's school, and she was a Snow Princess Kitty Cat Devil Fashion Girl to trick or treat. And yes, I just capitalized every word in that description because it turns out that it is a very important title.
As I close let me first apologize for the fifteen minutes of your time I have just stolen. And then let me give one more excuse as I plug my teeny tiny little business.
My new website is up. Woo-hoo!! Check me out at zuzu girl handmade. Trust me. It's worth another fifteen minutes of your time.
Hugs...
2 comments:
Good job honey!!!
We had a great time and the pictures are a sweet reminder. XXOO
snow princess kitty cat devil fashion girl - I know her!!!! she has been in our playroom! Great pictures and entertaining story - sounds like you had lots of fun - and congratulations on the website!
Post a Comment