Thursday, November 19, 2009

new moon and a trundle bed



Can someone please explain why my dear son is the one who is afraid to sleep in his room when it is I that goes to bed with visions of vampires & werewolves in my head? (Yes, I managed to complete New Moon last night, just in time for the release of the movie at midnight tonight...which I will probably never see...certainly not at midnight tonight...but that's not really the point. Or is it?)

Back to the boy. So, did you happen to catch my last post? Yes, that one about how I journeyed out to the East Bay over the mile long white knuckle bridge, schlepped through the township that is Ikea, loaded a desk and drawers onto my cart (no easy feat when there are no locks on the wheels) AND managed to assemble the damn thing before the sun went down. Well guess where the snores are coming from tonight? Um, yeah. Two nights in his own room and he's back in his sister's trundle. Go figure.

I was too tired to put up much of a fight.
"But Gage, what about your new grown up room?"
"Well I still like to play in it but I just don't want to sleep in it yet."

Great.

He wants a bunk bed. I've got a few hours to assemble one tomorrow between ballet & school pick-up. Whatcha think?

Kidding.

I think.

1 comment:

Vivianapachecofineart said...

Hmmm, sounds familiar. I spent 4 hours re-doing my son's room and we agreed he's sleep in it afterwards, but alas, as of last night he was still in MY bed sleeping like a king. Too bad he is so cute and sweet or I'd have eaten him long ago!