Thursday, November 19, 2009

facing the facts


I've been contending with problem skin for most of my adult life. I do a great job hiding my stress and frustration but unfortunately, my face does not. I've got the best esthetician, the best dermatologist & a newly acquired homeopath that I am crossing fingers will be the best as well since my last one up and ran away. Anyway, point is, I'm doing all I really can. But there are always people that want to help... because what worked for them will definitely work for me. Yeah, not so much. Trust me. And bless their hearts it's for the right reasons but sometimes I just can't help but giggle.

My sweet friend Mary is an acupuncturist and she provided me with a great worksheet with all types of natural remedies ranging from rubbing watermelon rind, yogurt and/or raspberries on my face to drinking dandelion and beet top or carrot top tea. Yuuummm. Then, at the bottom of the sheet there is a brief list of foods to avoid. And this, my friends, is when the real belly laugh happened...

"fried foods, fatty foods, spicy foods, oily foods, coffee, alcohol, sugar, smoking, stress, constipation, make-up, washing with chemicals or soap, chocolate, ice cream, soft drinks, dairy foods, emotional stress, red meat, shellfish, bamboo shoots, white mushrooms"

Shit. I guess better cut down on those damn bamboo shoots.

No comments: