Friday, July 3, 2009

to each his (or her) own

Tonight the kids were each given three "oreos" for dessert. Truly they are Whole Foods brand "sandwich creams" and have one chocolate side, one vanilla side & cream filling. I was uploading some photos of today's climbing adventure (next post) and looked up mid-treat to see this completely un-staged arrangement of cookies on each place mat. Can you guess which belongs to each child?





Gage is the vanilla fan. He ate the vanilla part first but then finished up every last bite of the chocolate cream side as well. As soon as his crazy mom was done photographing them, that is.

Zuzu is the chocolate nut. She ate her chocolate cream side and swiftly left the table, abandoning the remainder of her cookies. Apparently she simply can not be bothered with vanilla. And apparently she is not the only one because I then tossed the three disregarded vanilla circles in the trash. Oops.

I do, however, find it interesting that both children ate their favorite part first. See if I was going to pick sides I'd eat my least favorite first, savoring the best for last. But that's irrelevant because I generally just shove the whole damn cookie in my mouth at once anyway.

No comments: