Saturday, June 14, 2008

being born


Yesterday, while chatting around the table, Gage, Zuzu and I stumbled on something that happened, "before Zuzu was born" (for the life of me I can't remember what but that's not really the point). Gage immediately took it upon himself to explain to Zuzu what "being born" meant and he described it as, "coming out of mommy's tummy". She remained completely dazed and confused so Gage jumped up from the table and ran off in the direction of the bedrooms shouting, "I know how to show you!"

You can't imagine the suspense. What visual tool could a 4 1/2 year old possibly retrieve that would explain "being born" to a not yet 2 year old? I sat there anxiously wondering what part of the scenario I was going to have to explain to the two sets of very young, eager eyes. Moments later, Gage bounced out of his room wearing only a t-shirt. A very small t-shirt that read "Big Brother". It was the t-shirt (barely) pictured above that he wore to the hospital the day Zuzu was born. "See, Zuzu, this is what being born is!"

All settled. Phew.

No comments: