Tuesday, January 25, 2011

leading by example


Zuzu likes to shower with me. It's not the greatest deal for me since the master bath is circa 1960 and the size of a small pantry.  But it's a special time for her and we're conserving water so I let it happen. 

Only problem is that she pays attention to everything and she loves to do exactly what Mommy does. She buffs her feet & scrubs her back. And no, she's not shaving yet.  

Is this too much information? Possibly. So I'll cut to the chase.

Last night when we got out of the shower I took out some q-tips to clean my ears.  For about the 87th time, Zuzu asked me if she could have some too.  And for about the 797th time I said, "No."  But last night she really, really wanted to know why.  I told her that the Doctor said it was not safe to clean your ears with a q-tip. (True story. The ENT told me not to use them back in October. Now someone go tell Johnson & Johnson that.)

So, of course, she wanted to know why I still used them.  Good question?  

I explained that I know I shouldn't use them.... and I am very, very careful with them so I don't damage my inner ear... but that I don't think she could do the same.  Blah, blah, blah. She seemed ok with that.

She then replied with, "You know, Daddy does something he's not supposed to do too."
I'm intrigued.  This could be good. Do tell!

"When we go to Swirl (the local yogurt joint) he parks in the No Parking spot."

We're all damned.
  But we have clean ears and good parking spots.

Post Script:
I just received this email from Dad...

That is inaccurate.
I drive into the parking lot through the “wrong direction” way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a cute story!!!! Especially with the editing from
Daddy. Precious.....