Zuzu and I were just snuggled down in bed talking excitedly about her swimming lessons tomorrow. Then, out of nowhere she mumbled something that sounded very concerning to her. I was tempted to let it go (so she would finally fall asleep) but instead I leaned in closer and asked her to repeat herself. It went something like this...
"but what if we go to la petite baleen tomorrow and you are watching someone else and you decide that you love them more than me?"
Now, I have no idea where this came from but it just about broke my little old heart. I leaned in, nose to nose and assured my little girl that there was no child in this whole wide world that I would ever love more than her and her brother. They were my babies and that would never, ever change.
Then, the most remarkable thing happened. She grabbed my cheeks and kept her nose on mine. And she slowly and sleepily, but very deliberately said...
"Mommy. You. Are. My. Sunshine."
And then she matter of factly explained that she'd be joining me in my bed later. Exactly how do you argue with that?

3 comments:
This has to be the cutest story I have ever heard....I think I am tearing up a little...can't wait for these types of days with Taylor!
Sweetest thing ever. The story and the girl!
Those feelings she was having just make my heart overflow with love for her....at that point I'm sure you wanted her in your bed - not at 5:30 though :-)
Post a Comment