Friday, May 7, 2010

happy mother's day to me

Not only was I showered with three different flower arrangements by the thoughtful adults in my life today, I was also honored with two lovely handmade cards courtesy of my loving children and their talented teachers.  I'm still waiting for the day that one of my children doesn't thank me for taking them to the toy store...but nonetheless, I am teary eyed reading these love notes over, and over, and over again...

My mom is great because...
She makes sure I don't fall.  
She takes me to the toy store and 
she gets me water when I'm thirsty.
Love, Zuzu

My mom's hair is as yellow as the sun.  
She can help me build a robot. 
My mom is as smart as a scientist.  
Her eyes are as blue as an iceberg.  
My mom is so cool!  
She is a great mom! 
Love, Gage

When I read Gage's card in the school parking lot I started to cry.  I bent down and gave him a huge hug and told him how much he had genuinely touched my heart by his words.  He looked up at me and said, "I know, I know... and now you're going to go home and put it on your blog."  

2 comments:

Pat said...

Oh boy, those are really special cards.........You are loved.

Sharon said...

I've only just come across your blog and I have to say: that card from Gage, well I would blubber like a whale too.

You're as smart as a scientist! You have to hang on to that for as.long.as.possible.