Sunday, January 10, 2010

petite photog











The new year brought a clear realization that I must get a handle on the now 13,500 photos saved on my computer (yes, that's after an hour of editing down last Wednesday), the year and a half worth of photos that have yet to be digitally archived, and the year of prints that still have yet to be ordered and stored (and yes, that's after the six months worth that were appropriated to their albums last week). And YES, I still put photos in albums. Shoot me for being traditional like that.

Anyway, if you know me you will realize that this lack of order literally keeps me up at night. The fact that I am making small progress is good, but only exemplifies how far I still have to go.

And, alas, the new year brought us something else. A new camera. No, not mine. I have enough thank you very much. This new camera belongs to Gage. He's six. And he loves everything about it. Must run in the blood. The photos above are some of my favorites of his from the past week. I have altered the color on a few just slightly but no cropping or editing has been done beyond that.

The last photo of Zuzu on the bike was taken from a tree while she was moving.

So now I must stop blogging and get to work making room on my computer for what's to come. And somehow that makes it almost fun. Almost.

And did I mention that his camera shoots video too....?

1 comment:

Pat said...

INCREDIBLE! WE SAW THE GIFT!!! NOW WE SEE IT BEING PUT TO USE. HE COULD PUBLISH AT BOOK OF PHOTOS AT AGE 6, YOU KNOW!! WHAT AN INSPIRATION FOR BUDDING PHOTOGRAPHERS!!!
KUDOS TO GAGE (AND MOM)
XXXXOOOO