Thursday, September 17, 2009

tuck and hold





I'm seriously dreading going to sleep tonight for fear of how my body might revolt tomorrow. Today, you see, was my introduction to the dailey method. Instead of trying to explain what *the dailey method* actually is, and assuming you might be too tired or busy to click on the link I just supplied (or lazy), you can read this copy that I so generously cut and pasted directly from their website...



Now I like to think that my body is pretty well toned. I can make it through a 90 minute yoga class (and frequently do) without cursing once. Today? Not so much. And *the dailey method* class is only 60 minutes. And it was the beginner class. Seriously. I kept turning to my partner in pain saying, "how come everyone else in here can do this?" The woman in the corner next to us actually looked bored as she grazed on her chewing gum while tucking and holding. Me on the other hand? I really just had to laugh when the instructor came over and told me to straighten my legs and touch the bar with my feet while my quads were shaking so intensely that they were no longer under the control of the rest of my body. Not just twitching. Shaking so uncontrollably that I'm really not sure how I will stand or sit tomorrow.

My girlfriend thinks we should take a harder class next week. Her logic? Apparently it's more crowded so the instructor doesn't have as much time to correct you and you can cheat a little. But with my luck...

Pray for me and my quads why don't you?

1 comment:

Pat said...

Will do! Wow, think what shape you'll be in if you keep it up.
I'm impressed.