Today was day five of kindergarten and tonight the (oh my goodness. I just wrote kindergarten.)
Stop. Scratch that. Let me start over.
Today was day five of FIRST GRADE and tonight the parents got to go *back to school*. We all gathered in our kids classrooms, sat at their desks, went through their stuff and, oh yeah, met and learned a little more about their teachers. But for me it was obviously the going through their stuff part that was the most exciting. Even if only five days worth of stuff.
The above photograph was taken with my cell phone because clearly I didn't show up to back to school night with the SLR although, in hindsight, maybe I should have. Anyway, this is page one of Gage's daily journal. Are you still wondering why I'm rambling on and on? Yeah, well, I'm getting there....
If you know me at all or have spent any time reading my blog(s) you might happen to notice that I use the word *awesome* quite a bit. Overuse? Yeah, maybe. Whatever. I like *awesome* and apparently Gage does too. Just because he spelled it *osum* in no way means that I didn't know EXACTLY what he meant the second I looked at it.
I love that "first grade is osum" & I love that he loves *my word*. But now I am going directly to google to identify as many intelligent synonyms as possible which I will begin substituting into my excited remarks immediately. I wonder what *cool* would look like phonetically to a five year old? Oh, did I say intelligent? Hmmmm....
1 comment:
Awesome!!! Cool!!!
Sometimes there just aren't better words - Mine is "Wow". Don't you feel better with "awesome"? :-)
Love the journal idea!!!!! Kudos to Mr. First Grade Teacher. :-)
Post a Comment