Tuesday, August 18, 2009

traveling light

Today I flew cross-country with a three year old and a five year old. We woke the children at 6:30am eastern standard time. It is now 6:15pm pacific time (9:15pm eastern standard time) and we are eating dinner. Yes, I blog at dinner.

We have been up nearly 15 hours straight and consumed THE most obnoxious assortment of food humanly possible in one day. I will not tell you exactly who ate what (because that gets even more frightening) but I am willing to share our menu with you because it will make you feel oh so good about yourself today. It's listed in chronological order for the most part, and yes, I'm dead serious and I actually may have forgotten a thing or two.

But don't judge me. The kids are still happy fifteen hours and a 5 1/2 hour flight later and tomorrow, my friends, is another day...

one corn dog
1/2 of a large bag of mini chips ahoy cookies
one blueberry muffin
one package of starburst candies
handful of goldfish pretzels
snack baggie of chocolate covered pretzels
one candy bracelet
two handfuls of skittles candy
1/2 a second blueberry muffin
1 cup strawberry yogurt
1 chocolate chip granola bar
4 more starburst candies
2 mc donalds happy meals with chicken nuggets & french fries
1 in n' out burger, ketchup only
1 in n' out grilled cheese, add pickles, hold the onions
1 in n' out french fries
1 grande non-fat latte with one pump of mocha
1 sugar free fudgsicle
1 sugar free strawberry popsicle
three slices of pepperoni pizza
two bowls of spaghetti with marinara sauce & mushrooms
three slices of garlic bread

What do you think? Should I serve dessert?

1 comment:

Pat said...

I can venture a guess on who had the latte!!!!!
You did it!!1 That's all that matters. :-) Good job, Mom!!!