Yesterday began our winter vacation. The point at which the driver got lost trying to avoid a major traffic pile up on the way to the airport began my first migraine of the trip. Me + two kids + rush to airport + migraine = not good.
As we're standing in line at Peet's trying to get mom some water to pop her meds & some apple juice to calm the thirsty children a woman approaches. It's really all a blur now but for some reason I felt the need to tell her about my migraine, and then we raced to the bathrooms. We came across her again near the gate and she asks kindly,
"Are you going to Vegas?"
"No." I reply. "We're headed to Ft. Lauderdale."
Then she explains, "Oh, because I'm a mind-reader and I know what you're going through right now and I can tell it's tough. I was going to offer to help you."
I thank her efforts gratefully and head towards our now boarding flight.
Once the meds kick in and I'm able to relax a little I start to think about the encounter a little more and I wonder. If she was a mind-reader then you'd think she would have known we weren't going to Vegas, right? I mean there were only two planes leaving from that area. Vegas & Ft. Lauderdale. I'm a mom alone with two little kids. You're not a mind-reader, right? Which flight would you guess we were on? Still, I suppose I can't knock her for trying.
No comments:
Post a Comment